Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February finishes

2011 Guild Retreat project finished.
Our embroidery guild have a retreat every year at Opunake and we usually do a project for the weekend. Last year's project was taken from the Stitch magazine and we used the transfer paints on chiffon. This was really fun to stitch and most have finished it with one person doing two - a dawn and a dusk picture. I painted my canvas black to make the dawn setting pop of the screen.

2011- Lee's pomegranate scissor keeper.
My other finish this week is a pomegranate scissor keeper from one of our guild meetings. Lee designed this delightful keeper and I finally managed to put it together. I was not happy with the way the beads sat in the centre so added more. I have put it on a thread cutter for my travels. These are handy for the plane journeys planned this year.
I have also finished the sample ball for the Tania's Feathers class and will take a photo soon. Still doing ATC's for the BJP 2011 and have another three planned out ready to bead.

2 comments:

Carlyann said...

wow Diane, that scene is beautiful, i love how you've created it, it's beautiful! hugs carlyann (swap-bot sweetncrafty) x

Diane Lithgow said...

thank you for the kind comments on the things I do. the cushion trim was already done but i have done similar with just seed beads.
diane